At Orange County Pediatric Dental Group
we believe in providing true comprehensive Pediatric Dentistry & Orthodontics. Dr. Renzi and Dr. House believe that our practice should be your child’s dental home from the time he or she begins in the practice until he or she is ready to transition to a general dentist.
In providing comprehensive pediatric dentistry, your child’s dental needs can usually be provided by Dr. Renzi and Dr. House. This provides continuity of care whether your child needs routine cleanings, a full mouth of restorations, orthodontic care, surgical care, or care of dental trauma. As your child is already familiar with Dr. Renzi, Dr. House, and our staff, he or she does not have to establish rapport with someone new. If your child is undergoing orthodontic care with us and needs teeth extracted as part of the orthodontic treatment, we can provide this service as well. Since Dr. Renzi and Dr. House have California Conscious Sedation Permits, if your child needs sedation, our office is equipped to provide this for your child. We provide general anesthesia services in-office or in the hospital operating room setting. Our practice also provides care for adults with special needs and Dr. Renzi and Dr. House maintain privileges for adult dental care at local hospitals.
The Advanced Pediatric Dentistry programs train residents in comprehensive pediatric dentistry, yet many pediatric dentists choose not to practice this way. We feel that it benefits our patients if they don’t have to go to multiple locations and see multiple practitioners to seek care. Are there times when we refer patients to other specialists or practitioners? Yes, when it is outside of our scope of practice or if it is in the best interest for the patient to be seen by another provider. When we refer patients to outside practitioners, we keep in contact with the practitioner and family to coordinate care. We also work with our patient’s physician, as appropriate, to coordinate care.
We take dental care seriously, but believe that children should have a fun, positive experience in the dental setting. Our doctors and staff use various techniques to make coming to the dentist something that your child will look forward to. In fact, we hear from many of our parents “I don’t understand it, but my kids look forward to coming to the dentist”.
What sets us apart
- We are one of the oldest established pediatric dentistry practices in Orange County with over 53 years combined experience
- Both Dr. Renzi and Dr. House are Board Certified Pediatric Dentists
- Renzi and Dr. House have California Conscious Sedation Permits (very few pediatric dentists have this–permit #62 and #408)
- Renzi and Dr. House are evaluators for the California Dental Board Conscious Sedation Permit on-site evaluation
- Hospital privileges at 3 Orange County hospitals
- Renzi and Dr. House are Part-Time faculty at USC Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry supervising the Advanced Pediatric Dentistry residents at CHOC Children’s Hospital in Orange
- We provide soft tissue laser treatment
- Renzi and Dr. House maintain PALS certification and BLS certification
- Renzi and Dr. House are Class II laser certified
- Renzi and Dr. House give lectures at local and state dental and hospital organizations as well as for parent groups
We are proud of our unique practice and enjoy practicing all the different aspects of comprehensive pediatric dentistry. Our doctors and staff are constantly taking continuing education classes and learning about new materials and techniques that can improve the way we provide care for our patients. We look forward to meeting you and your family.
Make an appointment today…..at the office “Where Healthy Smiles Start!”