Dr. House and comprehensive pediatric dentistry go hand in hand.
In dental school and in her residency, she enjoyed taking what she learned from different classes and seeing how the different information worked together. She applies this to pediatric dentistry by bringing your child’s dental, orthodontic, behavioral, and medical needs together. She then works with the parents and children to develop a plan to that each child will have an outcome that is pleasing and successful.
Dr. Karilyn House is a Southern California native, growing up in Orange County. She earned her B.S. in Psychobiology from U.C.L.A.. She enjoyed being a Bruin so much that she wore the blue and gold for another four years, also completing her D.D.S. at U.C.L.A.. As Dr. House also has family members who are loyal Trojans, she decided to travel to the other side of Los Angeles, completing her Pediatric Dentistry residency at the U.S.C. Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry and Children’s Hospital Los Angeles.
After completing her residency and earning the Hugh M. Kopel Annual Award (also known as the “Resident of the Year Award”), Dr. House returned to Orange County in 2000, where she has been practicing comprehensive pediatric dentistry in the private practice and hospital settings. She is a member of the Part-time Faculty of the U.S.C. Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry for the Pediatric Dentistry residents at CHOC Children’s Hospital in Orange.
Dr. House became a Board-Certified Pediatric Dentist in 2007. In 2001, she received the Richard C. Pugh Achievement Award after scoring in the top 3% nationwide on the written portion of the Board Examination (now known as the Qualifying Exam). Dr. House is also one of the few pediatric dentists in California that maintains an active Conscious Sedation permit. She serves as an Evaluator for the Dental Board of California Conscious Sedation Permit on-site evaluation. She is currently serving on the CSPD Sedation Workgroup as legislation is being made to ensure that sedation and general anesthesia continue to be practiced safely for children.
- American Dental Association
- California Dental Association
- Orange County Dental Society
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- California Society of Pediatric Dentistry
- Southern California Society of Dentistry for Children
- U.S.C. Pediatric Dentistry Alumni Association
- CHOC Children’s Hospital, Orange
- St. Joseph Hospital, Orange
- Orange County Global Medical Center
- PALS Certification
- BLS Certification
- Class II LASER Certification
- Board Member, California Society of Pediatric Dentistry
- Continuing Education Chairperson, California Society of Pediatric Dentistry
- Delegate, California Dental Association (representing Orange County Dental Society)
- Alternate Delegate, American Dental Association (representing California Dental Association)
- Past-President, U.S.C. Pediatric Dentistry Alumni Association
Lecturing / Teaching / Media
- U.S.C. Herman Ostrow School of Pediatric Dentistry/CHOC Children’s Hosptial
- CHOC Grand Rounds–Infant Oral Health, Initial Dental Exam
- California Dental Association–Presents (gave Diode laser lecture, developed pediatric dentistry symposium for CSPD–2011)
- California Pedodontic Research Conference–Diode laser lecture
- Dental Board of California–Calilbration course for conscious sedation and general anesthesia evaluators
- American Health Journal–Infant Oral Health
Each of our doctors maintains an independent schedule to give our patients the most convenient appointment times possible:
Tuesday: 9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
Thursday: 7:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m.
Friday 7:00 a.m. –12:00 p.m.
*Please note that our doctors’ schedules are subject to change. Our office staff is normally available Monday and Tuesday from 9 am to 6 pm, Wednesday and Thursday from 7 am-4 pm and Friday from 7 am-12 pm